Our website address is: https://www.computroon.co.uk
1. Who we are
Computroon (‘we or ‘us) are a data controller for the purposes of the General Data Protection Act 2018, (i.e. we are responsible for, and control the processing of, your personal information).
2. What information we collect about you
Personal information we collect from you and how we collect it
- Cookies used for affiliate marketing purposes.
We collect this personal information when you:
3. How we will use the information about you
We use your personal information in a number of different ways:
- For administration and management purposes
- For the purpose of facilitating the supply of goods.
- To deal with customer complaints or queries
- Affiliate revenue share from advertisers
4. How long we will store your information
We’ll hold on to your information unless you specifically request that we remove it. Our affiliate advertisers may store cookie data for uo to 30 days.
5. Your rights over your information
Data subjects have many rights over their personal information and how it is used. The following rights are available to data subjects (depending on how we collect their personal data):
- Right to be informed about what we do with personal data
- Right to access personal data
- Right to correct personal data
- Right to object to, or restrict, the use of personal data (in some circumstances)
- Right to delete personal data
- Right to stop direct marketing messages
- Right to portability of personal data
To the extent you, as a data subject, wish to exercise any of these rights, please write to us at email@example.com
Where Computroon is using your personal information based on your express consent to this, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
To withdraw your consent please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
Complain to the Regulator
You have the right to lodge a complaint with your relevant regulatory authority. In the UK this is the Information Commissioners Office and in the Republic of Ireland this is the Office of the Data Protection Commissioner.
If you have given us your contact details, we may use these (in accordance with any preferences you have expressed) to send you marketing messages by post or email to detail offers or events which we think may be of interest. As part of our relationship Computroon considers that it has a legitimate interest to send you these messages unless you have asked for us not to do this.
You can stop receiving marketing messages from us at any time. You can do this by writing to us at email@example.com or unsubscribing on the link at the bottom of all emails.
8. How to contact us
You can contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Full contact details available on Contacts page.
ABOUT COOKIES AND HOW WE USE THEM
Cookies are small pieces of information in the form of text files that are sent to your browser from our web server and are stored on your computer. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than information about how you use the site and the data you choose to share with us (including data you automatically share with us by way of your browser settings).
There are essentially 3 different types of cookies that we use on our Websites:
• Cookies essential to website operations – These cookies allow you to browse the Computroon website, search for products and add items to your basket.
• Non-essential but helpful cookies – These cookies help improve your experience on the site by allowing us to make alternative product suggestions based on which products you view.
• Analytics and Marketing cookies – Analytical cookies monitor how you use our site and help us identify areas where we can improve the site. Marketing cookies are used when you visit the site via our emails or via other partner sites (affiliates) and give us visibility of how you found our site.
You can set up your computer so that it rejects cookies and you will find instructions on how to do this at www.allaboutcookies.org. It may be that your browser provider will ask you to set your preferences for cookies. Please note that the choices you make will affect the content you see on this site. If you have all cookies disabled on your computer, your shopping experience on our Websites will be limited to browsing and researching – you won’t be able to add products to your shopping basket or buy from us online.
Now The Plain English Version Of These Terms
On the Computroon website, there are help files and tutorial articles, some of which are accessed globally over 10,000 times every month.
For this reason we decided to place adverts on these article posts. It is a requirement of law to state that these adverts use tracking cookies in order to process affiliate advertising revenue.
We (Computroon) don’t actually collect any personal data or information when you use this website.